Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Ride the Divide Plans for 2014

I decided to create a blog so I could share my training and planning with friends and family. In June 2014 I plan to take on my greatest challenge - I plan to participate in the Ride the Divide!!! http://tourdivide.org/


Shortly after I got married we moved to Colorado. I spend a few months their training and cycling which has always been a huge part of my life. I came across a movie: Ride the Divide : http://www.ridethedividemovie.com/
While watching this movies I came to the decision I would do this one day! I have raced and won many events but just completing something of this caliber will prove to me that I most definitely can accomplish any thing I set my mind too!

Since watching this movies close to five years have passed. The dream laying deep in my mind was reborn in June 2013 while on vacation in New Mexico. My husband and I had drove over to a state park called Cat Walk. After hiking this park we drove to the ghost town of Mogollon. On this twisting winding road of fate we saw four riders decked out. Bells in my head began to ring. These guys are on the Ride the Divide. My husband and I looked it up and found their names and began watching the spot trackers. Nathanael, my husband, says. "Didn't you want to do this event?" Yes I did and I still wanted to take part in this event.

After seeing this we decided I should follow my dream and take on this challenge.

Working in the bike industry and having been on a bike for most of the past 16 years of my life I am finally ready to take on this dream. I quickly had a friend of mine in mind too that might just be as insane to come along. Scottie!!! As soon as I saw her on the next Saturday morning group ride I asked her if she knew of a ride called Ride the Divide. She quickly stated yes! I want to do it. I challenged her to doing it with me in 2014 and she completely took the plunge too.

Returning home I quickly went to my employer; Bike Barn, and asked for their support. Both Lee and Neil our owners have told me they support me and want me to achieve my dream. I will be taking a month off next year to make this journey!

Filled with Joy and Excitement I have started my training plans and have begun to map out my gear list. Keep checking back for my story as it grows!

Jessica Green



No comments:

Post a Comment